Applying is easy using our Online Application. We encourage families to apply online as it simplifies submission and provides parents a tool for tracking online the status of their admission after their application has been submitted. A non-refundable fee ($50 for the first child, $40 for the second child, $30 for the third child, and $25 for each child thereafter) must be submitted with each application.
Robinson Township Christian School accepts students who have successfully completed the application process and are academically able to function in a normal classroom setting. RTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin.
Admission to kindergarten and 1st grade requires that the student be five or six years of age, respectively, by September 1 of that academic year. However, exceptional cases will be evaluated on an individual basis. Parents or guardians should contact the principal in order to request that their child enter kindergarten or 1st grade before he/she meets the age requirement. The school health immunization regulation known as Article 10 (1983) requires that the immunization status of every child is to be ascertained before admission to school or continued attendance at school.
Parents who wish to begin the process to enroll their child in Robinson Township Christian School should follow these steps in the order given:
1. Parents must complete an online application for each child.
2. Students go through a process that might include interviewing, testing, and evaluating past school records.
3. Parents must meet with members of the Education Committee of the Board of Directors for an interview, addressing policy, curriculum, etc.
The following guidelines will be used to determine if a transfer student is to be considered for admission to Robinson Township Christian School:
- A record of school performance free of suspensions and/or expulsions
- Prior academic performance (a grade average of C- or better)
- Preparedness for the next level of work
- Constructive attitude toward RTCS and what it seeks to accomplish
- Emotional stability
- Financial obligations being satisfactorily met with former private school
If these guidelines are satisfied:
Students in grades 9–12 will be invited to visit RTCS for a day and interview with the principal.
Students in grades 1–8 will be scheduled for a placement test.
RTCS will arrange for a parent interview after receipt of the application and all other guidelines are met.
The Board of Directors meets monthly. Keep in mind that Steps 1–3 must be accomplished before the Board may vote, and the Board’s vote is necessary before the student may begin attending Robinson Township Christian School.